Our Recruitment window will open on Wednesday 17th July 2019.
Please note the following important dates:
- Application round closes Thursday 12th September 2019
- Selection process and invitations to interview will be sent out Week beginning 22nd September
- Interviews to be conducted 3rd and 4th October 2019
- SLE status confirmation sent out Week beginning 7th October
- SLE induction training Friday 18th October 2019
Are you interested in becoming an SLE?
If you’re an experienced middle or senior leader who’s interested in supporting middle and senior leaders in other schools, you may wish to apply to become a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE).
What does an SLE do?
SLEs focus on developing the capacity and capability of other leaders so that they have the skills to lead their own teams and improve practice in their own schools.
This may include:
- data analysis
- facilitating and training
- joint action planning
To consider applying to become an SLE, you should:
- read the eligibility criteria contained in the useful documents section below carefully
- check to see if an appropriate recruitment window is open on the website below
- complete the application form provided
- gain a supporting reference from your current headteacher
Click here for an Application Form (Word Version)
Click here for an Application Form (PDF Version)
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- a successful track record of working effectively within your own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a good understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in your field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- a good understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- an analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- the ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- the ability to grow leadership capacity in others