Sixth Form Dress Code
In Sixth Form you are expected to dress smartly and suitably and always comply with the agreed dress code. Remember, we look to you to set an example to the students lower down the school.
- Dark navy, grey or black plain or pinstriped suit as follows:
- Single breasted jacket
- Tailored trousers fitted to the waist. Dropped waist / hipsters are not permissible. It is not acceptable for bare midriffs to be on show. Trousers should not be above ankle length and a belt should not be worn
- Skirts may be tailored / pencil / flared or A line to just below / above the knee. Skirts must fit to the waist. It is not acceptable for midriffs to be on show.
- An optional dark navy / black / grey jumper (not a sweatshirt or hoodie) or cardigan for winter wear under jackets.
- Please note that cardigans and jumpers are not acceptable alternatives to the suit jacket.
- Plain white shirt of student’s own choice. Please note: shirt must have a collar and front buttons.
- T shirts / pull-on tops are not permissible. Shirts must be fitted if worn outside skirt or trousers, and must not be visible below the jacket. Sleeves may be short, 3/4 length or long.
- Dark navy or black opaque tights with skirts.
- Suitable low-heeled navy or black shoes with skirts.
- Suitable low-heeled navy or black shoes or ankle boots with trousers. Casual shoes of any description are not permissible, including Vans or Converse pumps.
- Plain dark coat (Please note coats are not for wear inside school and you will be asked to remove them).
- Plain dark scarf.
- Large items/copious amounts of jewellery are not permissible. A cross and chain or simple chain may be worn at the neck. A simple chain bracelet or bangle may be worn. Students are required to restrict themselves to one pair of earrings (hoop and drop earrings are not permissible on the grounds of health and safety). Students with visible body piercings will be required to remove studs.
- Hair must be neat and neutral. Extreme hair styles and clours are not allowed.
- Please note that Loreto Grammar School reserves the right to change the code of dress at our discretion and that all decisions about what is and is not acceptable remain with the school.