ITT and Lead Programme Partner
Applications for Lead Programme Partner for September 2023-2024 are now open
What is a Lead Programme Partner?
Lead Programme Partner is an innovative route into teaching that enables schools to take a leading role in initial teacher training through working in partnership with accredited ITT providers. Loreto Grammar School currently has an alliance of 8 secondary schools and works in partnership with The University of Manchester.
Successful completion at a Lead Programme Partner leads to a Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) and the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Manchester University offers additional M-Level credits which can be used towards a Master’s Degree, should you wish to do additional training at a later date.
Loreto Grammar School offers places in the following subjects at our alliance schools in the Trafford area: Chemistry, Computer Science, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, MFL (French with Spanish or German), Physics, and Religious Education.
There is a possibility that trainees who successfully complete their training with us as a Lead Programme Provider will then go on to work in one of the schools in which they were trained – although this is not guaranteed.
- Observation of outstanding lessons
- Support from outstanding teachers
- Trained Subject Mentors
- Quality assurance across the alliance
- A wide range of professional development opportunities
- Unique opportunity to visit special schools
- Our Professional Mentor has many years' experience in running School Direct
- Check that you meet the university requirements for your chosen HE provider, subject and phase.
- Visit the websites of our alliance schools for more information.
- Complete an application form on the UCAS website.
- Business with economics
- MFL (French with German or Spanish)
Affiliated Secondary Schools