Exciting Opportunities Available for Students
Below you can find Up to Date Opporutunties for Students.
This page will be continuously updated, so make sure you come back and check it regularly so as not to miss out!
- Healthwatch Trafford are looking for volunteers, interested in working within healthcare? Why not apply here!
- Interested in Journalism? Look at this website to find out about workshops as work experience opportunities.
- Submit your ideas to solve real-life business challenges and get rewarded with prizes and meet employers. Find out what challenges employers are setting students and get involved here.
- The RAF Air Cadets offers the chance for fun, adventure, incredible experiences and making new friends. We’re a UK-wide cadet force with more than 40,000 members aged between 12 and 20 years. 182 (North Trafford) Squadron Royal Air Force Air Cadets (located opposite Flixton Girls School) are looking for new Air Cadets. If you're interested in finding out more then please visit their website here. For further information you can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk Careers with Rail Employers here!
WORK EXPERIENCE FOR FEBRUARY HALF TERM!
Attention girls from 16-18 who are curious about a career in technology
Cisco’s Pathway to your Future work experience, 12-16 February 2018
Looking for work experience that’s fun, exciting and where you can get stuck in? Look no further than our Pathway to Your Future programme. You don’t have to be tech-savvy to take part; it’s open to all 6th Form girls. We’ve got technical and non-technical workstreams for you to choose from showing the variety of roles in the technology industry. Spend time with people who do these jobs every day, shadowing them to see first-hand what it’s like to work for Cisco and inspire your choices for a career in IT.
So, join us for five days of discovery as we unveil the technology industry and the diverse range of careers available. Hosted at Cisco’s Innovation Centre, Mi-IDEA, Manchester, you’ll join other girls getting a taste of real work life to give your CV that extra boost. Over the week, you get the chance to contribute to real work scenarios and
• The opportunity to meet experts from the industry
• Demonstrations of some of our leading-edge technology
• Work as a team to develop a solution to a social problem and ‘sell’ it to our Dragons
• You’ll also further develop the kind of nifty skills used in every business, including presentation and communication skills, problem solving and team working.
You will do this by working alongside Sales, Engineering, IT, Marketing to develop your presentation and communication skills, problem solving and team working.
Applications will close on 31st January.