Sixth Form Dress Code
Our Sixth Form Dress Code aims to promote a smart, modern, professional appearance, which presents a sense of corporate identity while at the same time allowing our girls the all-important freedom to express their individuality.
Students are expected to dress smartly at all times also to set an example to pupils lower down the school.
The Sixth Form Dress Code:
- Dark navy pinstriped or black pinstriped suit as follows:
- Single breasted jacket.
- Bootleg trousers fitted to the waist. Dropped waist / hipsters are not permissible. It is not acceptable for bare midriffs to be on show.
- Skirts may be tailored / pencil / flared or A line to knee length. Skirts must fit to the waist. It is not acceptable for midriffs to be on show.
- An optional dark navy / black jumper or cardigan for winter wear under jackets.
- Please note that cardigans and jumpers are not acceptable alternatives to the suit jacket.
- Plain white shirt of student’s own choice. Please note: shirt must have a collar and front buttons. shirts / pull-on tops are not permissible. Shirts must be fitted if worn outside skirt or trousers, and must not be visible below the jacket. Sleeves may be short, 3/4 length or long.
- Dark navy or black opaque tights with skirts.
- Suitable low-heeled navy or black shoes with skirts.
- Suitable low-heeled navy or black shoes or ankle boots with trousers.
- Plain black coat (Please note coats are not for wear inside school. Denim, leather, bomber style jackets, anoraks, hoodies and jackets with logos are not permissible).
- Plain navy or black scarf.
- Belts are not permissible
- Large items/copious amounts of jewellery are not permissible. A cross and chain or simple chain may be worn at the neck. A simple chain bracelet or bangle may be worn. Students are required to restrict themselves to one pair of earrings (hoop and drop earrings are not permissible on the grounds of health and safety). Students with visible body piercings will be required to remove studs.